YOU MAKE IT HAPPEN
When you contribute to the South High Harmony National Treasure Tour, you make this journey possible — you help our students discover the power that lies within them to create a stronger, kinder, more inclusive world.
From April 22-25, 2019, the National Treasure Tour will take our South High School students to Philadelphia and New York City to:
- Complete a Constitutional Scavenger Hunt
- Visit the Philadelphia African American Museum
- Beautify and explore Philadelphia’s Mural Mile, drawing inspiration for their own mural creation and installation on the South Side during One Week, One Neighborhood 2019
- Visit the Statue of Liberty
- Take in the architectural creativity of New York City’s Oculus Transportation Hub
- Visit the U.S.S. Intrepid Sea, Air, and Space Museum
- Take in the lights and energy of Times Square
WHAT IS SOUTH HIGH HARMONY?
A collaboration with City Year Columbus and South High School, this weekly, after-school arts, education, and service learning program fosters creativity, responsibility, self-confidence, and community engagement among 7-12 grade students—90% of whom qualify for free lunches and live in underserved communities. Students learn invaluable life skills that serve them as they embark on new journeys in higher education, careers, and service trips facilitated by Harmony Project each year. To date, 100% of participating seniors have successfully graduated.