From April 22-25, 2019, the National Treasure Tour took our South High School students to Philadelphia and New York City to:
- Complete a Constitutional Scavenger Hunt
- Visit the Philadelphia African American Museum
- Beautify and explore Philadelphia’s Mural Mile, drawing inspiration for their own mural creation and installation on the South Side during One Week, One Neighborhood 2019
- Visit the Statue of Liberty
- Take in the architectural creativity of New York City’s Oculus Transportation Hub
- Take in the lights and energy of Times Square
WHAT IS SOUTH HIGH HARMONY?
A collaboration with City Year Columbus and South High School, this weekly, after-school arts, education, and service learning program fosters creativity, responsibility, self-confidence, and community engagement among 7-12 grade students—90% of whom qualify for free lunches and live in underserved communities. Students learn invaluable life skills that serve them as they embark on new journeys in higher education, careers, and service trips facilitated by Harmony Project each year. To date, 100% of participating seniors have successfully graduated.